Benefits of Using Fractional Lasers in Dermatology
Fractional lasers are a type of laser treatment used in dermatology for a variety of skin concerns. Some of the benefits of using fractional lasers include:
- Treating acne scars: Fractional lasers can help to improve the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen production in the skin.
- Improving skin texture: The laser beams create tiny wounds in the skin, which triggers the body's healing response. As the skin heals, new collagen is produced, which can improve the overall texture of the skin.
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles: The stimulation of collagen production can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Treating pigmentation: Fractional lasers can be used to target and reduce pigmentation caused by sun damage or age spots.
- Minimally invasive: Fractional lasers are non-invasive or minimally invasive, so the recovery time is shorter compared to traditional resurfacing lasers.
- Safe for all skin types: Fractional laser treatment is safe for all skin types, as the laser energy can be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual patient.
- Combination Therapy: Fractional laser can be use in combination with other modalities for best result.
It is worth noting that specific type of fractional laser has different characteristics and different indications. It's important to consult a board certified dermatologist before the treatment.